Updated on : 13-07-2018
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
BOTSWANA EXPORTER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (BEDP)
Botswana Investment and Trade Centre (BITC) is an integrated Investment and Trade Promotion Authority (ITPA) with an encompassing mandate of Investment Promotion and Attraction, Export Promotion, and Development, including management of the Nation Brand. Through its critical role in Botswana’s economy, BITC encourages, promotes and facilitates the establishment of export-oriented enterprises and selected in services which will result in sustainable economic growth.
BITC seeks Expressions of Interest from manufacturing companies for consideration into the Botswana Exporter Development
(BEDP). This programme aims to provide a well-resourced, efficient and effective Exporter Development Programme that delivers appropriately skilled exporters through training companies to be export ready. The programme envisages a comprehensive support and capacity building through the different levels of training to meet specific needs and assistance with export promotion activities.
The selected companies will undergo a due process of diagnostic assessment to identifying strengths and weaknesses in the areas of:
• Strategic Management,
• Business Environment Analysis,
• Marketing and Sales,
• Export Marketing Plans
• Financial Administration,
• Organizational Development,
• Production and Operations,
• Management and Leadership,
• Technological Innovation; and
• Quality Management and provide complete company evaluation against industry best practice.
Based on diagnostic results, companies are assisted with tailor made interventions in order to improve performance with special emphasis on export readiness and market penetration.
1. Targeted sectors are; manufacturing, textiles and garments, meat and meat processing, jewelry making, furniture, arts and crafts, leather and leather products and services, (e.g. Business Processes Outsourcing). However, the approach is also aimed at ensuring that companies with export potential falling outside the scope of the sectors identified are not overlooked during the selection.
2. Employment level, 10 people and above
3. Company must be locally registered and have an annual turnover of
4. Submission of detailed company profile with relevant company documents
(Certificate of incorporation, Share Certificates and Certified Copies of IDs of shareholders).
5. Submission of a formal letter to BITC expressing interest to be enrolled stating the current level of Investment and the current level of employment.
6. Submission of one year financial statements. Submission of documents and all supporting documents should be submitted in plain and sealed envelope or package bearing only the following inscription:
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR ENROLMENT IN THE BOTSWANA EXPORTER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME 2018/2019
BITC TENDER COMMITTEE
PLOT 54351, CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT (CBD)
PRIVATE BAG 00445
TELEPHONE: 3633354/69 FAX: 3170452
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Person: Botho Nkawana or Kgomotso Botsang
Submissions should be hand delivered or couriered to the above address and they should be delivered no later than Friday, August 3, 2018at 16:30 hours.
|Clarification on Export of Live Cattle||Annoucement||2020-09-24 09:36:47|
|Export of Live Cattle for Direct Slaughter||Annoucement||2020-09-24 08:21:11|
|Public Notice TWENTY PERCENT (20%) LIVESTOCK FEED SUBSIDY||Annoucement||2020-09-21 01:13:29|
|IMPLEMENTATION OF THE BOS 126:2018 STANDARD ON MILK & MILK PRODUCTS – ULTRA HIGH TEMPERATURE TREATED COWS MILK||Annoucement||2020-08-17 16:23:36|
|PRESS RELEASE – HAND SANITISER STANDARD AVAILABLE!||Annoucement||2020-08-17 16:11:55|